The Open Source Days Perl 6 Hackathon
- About the Perl 6 Hackathon
- Participation and Registration
- Ideas/Suggestions for social events
About the Perl 6 Hackathon
The Perl 6 Hackathon is organized by the Open Days Conference organizers and Copenhagen Perl Mongers.
The hackathon is and aimed at raising some awareness around Perl 6 and to give people a chance to get some hands-on with Perl 6 assisted by the actual Perl 6 people. In addition, several of the core Perl 6 developers are planning to meet to continue work on the Rakudo Star release.
In addition to the hackathon we are running a short track of Perl talks as part of the OSD conference.
Please see the goals to get an overview of what we plan to achieve.
Please see the Hackathon Schedule
This is a list of key Rakudo contributors who have confirmed their attendance
- Moritz Lenz (moritz)
- Carl Mäsak (masak)
- Jonathan Worthington (jnthn)
- Martin Berends (mberends)
Unfortunately Patrick Michaud (Pm) is able to participate.
Participation and Registration
If you want to attend the Perl 6 Hackathon, you have to register for the Open Source Days conference in addition to registering here on this site.
The OSD Map show several places of accommodation, the official conference/hackathon hotel is:
Carsten Niebuhrs Gade 11
1577 København V
+45 4480 0000
There is of course the overall goal of getting some awareness and hands-on experience with Perl 6. So no matter what you level is on Perl or Perl 6 you are most welcome. Another goal is to contribute to the Perl 6 implementation and prepare for the Rakudo Star release in April 2010.
Some specific tasks for the hackathon and core hacking sessions:
- To get a Rakudo release named "Copenhagen"
- Review existing RT ticket queue for outdated tickets, identify "low hanging fruit"
- Draft Rakudo Star release announcement
- Identify basic module packaging guidelines and protocols
- Review roadmap tasks, make sure things are on track
- Work on "getting started with Rakudo Star" materials
- Identify any modules to be packaged with Rakudo Star
- Write some modules and applications
- Review existing Perl 6 examples (e.g., advent calendar), make sure they work
More information will follow on the participants preparation.
Ideas for social events
Please see the Events page
Jonas B. Nielsen (jonasbn) jonasbn at cpan dot org
- Open Source Days Conference
- Perl Official Site
- Rakudo on Github
- Official Perl 6 Wiki
- Conference Hotel
Last modified: 14/09/10 14:22 by Tobias Steiner