The Open Source Days Perl 6 Hackathon
- About the Perl 6 Hackathon
- Participation and Registration
- Ideas/Suggestions for social events
About the Perl 6 Hackathon
The Perl 6 Hackathon is organized by the Open Days Conference organizers and Copenhagen Perl Mongers.
The hackathon is and aimed at raising some awareness around Perl 6 and to give people a chance to get some hands-on with Perl 6 assisted by the actual Perl 6 people.
In addition to the hackathon we are running a short track of Perl talks as part of the OSD conference.
Please see the goals to get an overview of what we plan to achieve.
This is a preliminary schedule...
- Friday 2010-03-05 (ITU)
- Open Source Days (day 1)
- Landing in Copenhagen... (pub meet-up)
- Saturday 2010-03-06 (ITU)
- Open Source Days (day 2)
- Perl 6 Hackathon (day 1)
- Scrollbar Event at Open Source Days
- Sunday 2010-03-07 (Kvarterhuset)
- Perl 6 Hackathon (day 2)
- Perl 6 Hackathon Wrap-up and goodbyes (pub meet-up)
- Monday 2010-03-08 (Kvarterhuset)
- Perl 6 Core team meet-up? (only by invitation)
This is a list of invited Perl 6 people.
- Moritz Lenz - confirmed and giving a talk
- Carl Masak - confirmed and giving a talk
- Jonathan Worthington
- Martin Berends
- Patrick R. Michaud
- Larry Wall
Not all invitees are confirmed at this time, more information will follow.
Participation and Registration
If you want to attend the Perl 6 Hackathon, you have to register for the Open Source Days conference in addition to registering here on this site.
There is of course the overall goal of getting some awareness and hands-on experience with Perl 6. So no matter what you level is on Perl or Perl 6 you are most welcome. Another goal is to contribute to the Perl 6 implementation. The specific goals for that part have not been decided at this time.
More information will follow on the participants preparation.
Ideas for social events
- Friday: Landing in Copenhagen... (pub meet-up) or Food, beers and Maemo
- Saturday: Scrollbar Event at Open Source Days (event at ITU, the venue of the hackathon and the conference)
- Sunday: Perl 6 Hackathon Wrap-up and goodbyes (pub meet-up)
Jonas B. Nielsen (jonasbn) jonasbn at cpan dot org
version 5 saved on 18/02/10 21:40 by jonasbn