The Open Source Days Perl 6 Hackathon
- About the Perl 6 Hackathon
- Participation and Registration
- Ideas/Suggestions for social events
About the Perl 6 Hackathon
The Perl 6 Hackathon is organized by the Open Days Conference organizers and Copenhagen Perl Mongers.
The hackathon is and aimed at raising some awareness around Perl 6 and to give people a chance to get some hands-on with Perl 6 assisted by the actual Perl 6 people. In addition, several of the core Perl 6 developers are planning to meet to continue work on the Rakudo Star release.
In addition to the hackathon we are running a short track of Perl talks as part of the OSD conference.
Please see the goals to get an overview of what we plan to achieve.
This is a preliminary schedule...
- Friday 2010-03-05 (ITU)
- Open Source Days (day 1)
- Landing in Copenhagen... (pub meet-up)
- Saturday 2010-03-06 (ITU)
- Open Source Days (day 2)
- Perl 6 Hackathon (day 1, presentations)
- Scrollbar Event at Open Source Days
- Sunday 2010-03-07 (Kvarterhuset)
- Perl 6 Hackathon (day 2)
- Perl 6 Hackathon Wrap-up and goodbyes (pub meet-up)
- Monday 2010-03-08 (Kvarterhuset)
- Perl 6 Core team meet-up (mainly for core contributors, others welcome)
- Tuesday 2010-03-09 (???)
- Perl 6 Core team meet-up, core wrap-up
This is a list of key Rakudo contributors who have confirmed their attendance
- Moritz Lenz (moritz)
- Carl Mäsak (masak)
- Jonathan Worthington (jnthn)
- Martin Berends (mberends)
- Patrick Michaud (Pm)
Participation and Registration
If you want to attend the Perl 6 Hackathon, you have to register for the Open Source Days conference in addition to registering here on this site.
The OSD Map show several places of accommodation, the official conference/hackathon hotel is:
Carsten Niebuhrs Gade 11
1577 København V
+45 4480 0000
There is of course the overall goal of getting some awareness and hands-on experience with Perl 6. So no matter what you level is on Perl or Perl 6 you are most welcome. Another goal is to contribute to the Perl 6 implementation and prepare for the Rakudo Star release in April 2010.
Some specific tasks for the hackathon and core hacking sessions:
- To get a Rakudo release named "Copenhagen"
- Review existing RT ticket queue for outdated tickets, identify "low hanging fruit"
- Draft Rakudo Star release announcement
- Identify basic module packaging guidelines and protocols
- Review roadmap tasks, make sure things are on track
- Work on "getting started with Rakudo Star" materials
- Identify any modules to be packaged with Rakudo Star
- Write some modules and applications
- Review existing Perl 6 examples (e.g., advent calendar), make sure they work
More information will follow on the participants preparation.
Ideas for social events
- Friday: Landing in Copenhagen... (pub meet-up) or Food, beers and Maemo
- Saturday: Scrollbar Event at Open Source Days (event at ITU, the venue of the hackathon and the conference)
- Sunday: Perl 6 Hackathon Wrap-up and goodbyes (pub meet-up)
Jonas B. Nielsen (jonasbn) jonasbn at cpan dot org
- Open Source Days Conference
- Perl Official Site
- Rakudo on Github
- Official Perl 6 Wiki
- Conference Hotel
version 9 saved on 02/03/10 16:02 by jonasbn