IPW 2006 - Directions
- By plane
The Pisa International "Galileo Galilei" Airport is one of the principle
airports in the Tuscany region and is only 2 kms from the centre of Pisa. It
offers connections to many major European cities.
- For more information and timetables see the Pisa International Airport website
- Budget airline Ryanair also flies to Pisa: http://www.ryanair.com/
The number 3 bus leaves from the Airport for Pisa train station every 20 minutes. Tickets cost Euro 0.80 one way.
Taxi: +39 050 28542 - Radio Taxi +39 050 541600
- By train
Pisa station is served with direct connections from the Torino-Genova-Roma
and Livorno-Firenze lines.
See the Trenitalia website for time tables and further information.
- By road
By road Pisa can be reached as follows:
- Autostrada A11 "Firenze-Mare"
- Autostrada A12 "Genova Rosignano". Take the exit "Pisa Centro" then follow the Superstrada S.G.C. FI-PI-LI (Firenze-Pisa-Livorno) in the direction of Firenze
- Superstrada S.G.C. FI-PI-LI (Firenze-Pisa-Livorno). Take the exit "Pisa Nord-Est" and follow the directions for "Centro"
- Statale Aurelia
The "Polo Fibonacci" is located in the "San Zeno" area of Pisa close to
the Piazza Santa Caterina.
You can get to it from the train station by bus. Take the number 2 bus and get off at the "Buonarroti 2" stop. See http://www.cpt.pisa.it/orari/pisa/linea2.htm for more details.
There are also Taxis at the station.
Taxi: +39 050 41252 - Radio Taxi +39 050 541600
Taxi information: http://www.comune.pisa.it/turismo/servizi/taxi.htm
To get to the workshop by car see the map.
- Italian Perl Workshop - Polo Fibonacci
- Stazione FS
- Aeroporto "Galileo Galilei"
- Comune di Pisa
- Univers. di Pisa - Rettorato
- Scuola Normale Superiore
- Scuola Superiore S.Anna
- Ospedale "Santa Chiara"
- Piazza dei Miracoli
- Museo di "San Matteo"
- Teatro "Verdi"