It is my great pleasure to announce the date of this year's London Perl Workshop (the United Kingdom's Perl Workshop), which will be held on:
Saturday 12th November 2011<br>
University of Westminster<br>
Cavendish Square Campus
There will be further announcements detailing the launch of the website, call for papers etc.
Due to the tense financial situation we have this year been required to fund the conference rooms and lecture theatres as well as the other activities normally associated with the workshop, we are still being hosted by the Department of Electronic, Communication and Software Engineering who have secured us a generous discount on the normal university room rates.
We have several sponsors who have joined us at this time:
Partial contributor towards the evening event (as always ).
AntibodyMX provides a hosted antispam and antivirus email filtering service based entirely on a proven open source platform. Perl being one very important component. Users of the platform see a near-instant, near-total reduction in the amount of spam, phishing and malware content arriving at the mail server. AntibodyMX also provides onsite mail filtering, white-label filtering solutions to ISPs and will soon be launching CellMX, a filtering service for remote and mobile workers.
Sponsored 1 Lecture Theatre & Marketing Sponsor
Bytemark are currently promoting their new service: http://bigv.io/, there words are, sign up now and if you have any dream features for a Perl product then we are open to discussion. This product is in the Beta stage of development.
At Bytemark we are the UK's geek hosting outfit of choice, managing tens of thousands of domains, and thousands of servers, both dedicated and virtual. Since 2000 we've offered root access from fifteen pounds per month so that experts like you write their own code and have it run well, on a well-maintained network, without paying for more than you need. We can help you with sorting virtualisation, IPv6, migrating from virtual to dedicated and plenty of other difficult topics.
partial sponsorship of a room
If you wish to sponsor the event we have several basic packages (others may be tailored), please forward this to all sponsors or persons you feel would be willing to help sponsor this event:
All Sponsors (minimum sponsorship £250) will receive:
* A page on the wiki;
* Their logo on the website and in all related marketing;
* A write-up by Mark in all advertising and related promotion;
* A page in the Conference Booklet (A5);
* Their logo in the back of the conference booklet;
* Their logo on the Conference banner;
Room Sponsors (Sponsorship cost: £500 each room, Minimum: 3 rooms) will receive all the above and:
* The ability to brand the room with posters/banners advertising them;
* A fifteen minute introductory spot in their room on any subject they wish;
Lecture Hall Sponsors (Sponsorship cost: £1000 each room, Minimum: 2 lecture theatres (1 taken by Bytemark)) will receive all the above:
* Their logo given prime position on the Conference banner (Larger and near the top)
* Brand the lecture theatre with their promotional material;
* A 20 minute slot at the conference (in a lecture theatre) on any subject they wish;
Coffee Break Sponsor (Sponsorship cost: £500)
* Ability to brand the coffee area with posters/banners (needs to be negotiated for what will be allowed)
Evening Sponsors (Sponsorship cost: £1,000, Minimum: 1 event needed) as 'All Sponsors' plus:
* Ability to brand the pub with posters/banners (needs to be negotiated for what will be allowed)
* A 10 minute slot to address the crowd (they will be drinking your beer and food so expect cheering/noise)
Marketing Sponsor (Sponsorship cost: £1,000, Minimum: 1 event Needed) as 'All Sponsors' plus:
* Their Logo given prime position on the Conference banner (Larger and near the top)
* Their logo on the front page of the conference booklet - as sponsor of the booklet
As always if more than one company wish to join together and have a room together 2*£250 minimum, they will both be allowed to brand the room with posters and the time slot will be shared. We are also open to discussing other ways to integrate your promotion and ideas into the conference. We would be delighted if you wish to attend or promote your company further, run job advertising/recruitment.
If you wish to sponsor less than the "minimum" sponsorship we can discuss an appropriate package to suit your sponsorship. My intention is to begin promoting the event as soon as possible to maximise the exposure of the conference and of our sponsors.
Contact Mark at m.keating(at)shadowcat.co.uk
Last modified: 05/09/11 19:57 by Mark Keating (mdk)