I'm struggling to think of what kind of talk I should submit. As such I thought it might be interesting, both for myself and others to get some inspiration for talks that people might like to see. Also perhaps there are talks people are thinking of submitting and wondering whether there would be enough interest, so I've added this page just those indecisive people ... me included - Barbie.
Topic Ideas For Talks
Greg's 3 minute brainstorm
- Perl's place in the future - Excel macro's have reached their limit and information is increasingly vague. RSS, search and customer feedback are textual, does Perl have a future as the desktop tool of the office worker preparing their next report into company performance?
- just doing it badly, getting it out there and getting sales and marketing vs. build systems, testing and frameworks - which is really the best strategy for a business? and if, as is likely, a compromise is the solution, what is important and what isn't?
- if i (the speaker) was ruler of Perl - my, maybe incorrect, view of what Perl 6 should have, what TPF should do for marketing and how user groups would work with companies.
- v1 = SQL, v2 = Object Relational Mappers, whats v3?
- Perl and the Credit Crunch - Perl has had a huge user community (jobs) in investment banks, yet they have looked to other technologies, what does the Credit Crunch mean for Perl? How could we save the planet (apart from saving the cheerleader)?
- Managing large codebases, its the worst kept secret ever, everyone has one and they all are pretty scary. How do we make it better?
- Perl 6 - the greatest launch that nobody knew about, ever! How Perl 6 is already launched and the modules are already on CPAN with your silly old Perl 5 interpreter doing the lifting.
- 365 (approx) days to go - the launch of a Perl project at one LPW, with a view to completion at the next.
- Computer Science 303: A Class about Perl - how Perl would be presented in a CS curriculum, how you could teach other CS via Perl and what would be worthy of note. (Personally, I think there is more to learn for a sociology class).
Should I Submit This Talk?
- "Title" - who
Last modified: 11/10/10 12:26 by Zbigniew Lukasiak (zby)