Strawberry Perl - Achieving Win32 Platform Equality
Over two years in the making, and involving dozens of patches to the
Perl Core and the CPAN toolchain, Strawberry Perl has reached the first
This is an introductory talk on Strawberry Perl by the current
Strawberry Pumpking, Adam Kennedy.
Starting from very beginning, the talk ranges over issues like:
- Why it finally became possible to create a fully Open Source Win32
- The trials and tribulations of forming a development team and a community.
- The politics and drama of bullying the Perl 5 Porters and CPAN
Illuminati into making changes.
- How we balanced the (endless) demands of Win32 Perl users with the
limited time of developers to achieve a stable and reliable product.
The talk also provides a brief overview of the Perl::Dist toolkit that
was used to build Strawberry Perl, and how to use it to create
customized Perl distributions.
Finally, the talk will cover the future priorities of the project and
the new advances being added to meet the needs of the highly varied
- Sébastien Aperghis-Tramoni (Maddingue)
- Nicholas Clark
- Paul-Christophe Varoutas
- Léon Brocard (acme)
- Dave Cross (davorg)
- Jos Boumans (kane)
- Hermen Lesscher
- Jesse Vincent
- Roman Baumer (rba)
- Andy Armstrong (AndyA)
- allan dystrup (ady)
- Bartosz Jakubski (migo)
- Martin Kamara
- Alex Kapranoff (kappa)
- Lars Dɪᴇᴄᴋᴏᴡ 迪拉斯 (daxim)
- Herbert Breunung (lichtkind)
- Adam Kennedy (Alias)
- Martin Kutter
- Andrew Johnson
- Steffen Mueller
- Patrick Donelan (patspam)
- Bart Lateur
- Andrew Bayliss
- Maciej Misiak (grizzley)