Since YAPC::Europe 2005, it has been a tradition that Philippe Bruhat (BooK) brings a bottle of Chartreuse (sometimes nicknamed Evil Green Stuff) to be consumed in a friendly place (usually a hotel room).
Philippe Bruhat (BooK) also brought some Chartreuse flavoured chocolate.
The current plan is to have the Chartreuse Night on the second night of the conference, on Thursday August 14, after the social event.
We have no plans with regards to where we will drink those, so just stick with Philippe Bruhat (BooK), after the social event of the evening.
If you plan to participate, just add your name below.
- Philippe Bruhat (BooK) - Carrier of the bottle
- Stéphane Payrard (cognominal) - Carrier of the other bottle
- Jonathan Worthington (jnthn)
- Aaron Crane (arc)
Things you can do under Chartreuse's influence
- During YAPC Europe 2005 Chartreuse night in Braga, Jonathan Worthington (jnthn) was conviced to wear a green fishnet under his T-shirt during the auction, so that he could auction the T-shirt and the audience would discover the fishnet when he handed the T-shirt to the winner of the bid. Unfortunately, there was too much stuff to auction, and that fishnet remained forever hidden.
- During YAPC Europe 2007 Chartreuse night in Vienna, Aaron Crane (arc) booked his flight for the upcoming French Perl Workshop.
Last modified: 14/08/08 00:33 by Philippe Bruhat (BooK)