Call for Papers
Call for Papers is now open, and will close on June 15th, 2010.
This year's theme for the YAPC::Europe is "The Renaissance of Perl", which has a variety of meanings in the Perl 5 and Perl 6 contexts. Talks related to this topic are welcome, as well as talks covering different areas.
If your talk(s) are accepted we will provide you free entrance to the conference and free attendees dinner. This does not apply to lightning talks.
We will likely have 4 different tracks during the 3 days of the conference.
How to submit a talk
If you want to give a talk, please use the web interface. to send your proposal.
Here you can find some useful hints on how to fill the web form:
- Abstract: briefly state why you think your talk will be useful for workshop attendees.
- Abstract URL: link to a short description of the topic of your talk.
- Talk URL: link to any additional material available online for your talk: this will allow the organizers to have a better idea about your talk contents.
- Duration: the duration of your talk (see below for a description of the various options).
- Target audience: please specify the knowledge knowledge the audience should have to get the most from the talk.
- Comments: specify if you have any requirements for presentation equipment or materials (wifi and projector are provided, let us know if you need anything else).
Filling these fields properly will help the organizers to have a detailed idea about the content of your talk.You should send us the full material about your talk, if available, before July 10th, so that we can put it in the proceedings.
You can choose between 4 different durations:
- 110 minutes: for tutorial-style talks, where you describe a technology or a complex module
- 50 minutes: for complex or detailed talks
- 20 minutes: for most talks
- Lightning talk: great for "flash" talks (5 minutes) to be used to briefly show an idea, an application, ...
We will send out acceptance notices for talks by July 1st, 2010.
- June 15th, 2010: Proposals submission deadline
- July 1st, 2010: Talk proposals acceptance notices
- July 10th, 2010: Talk material deadline (if available)
- August 4th, 2010: YAPC::Europe starts