Call for Sponsors
Why sponsor YAPC::Europe 2010
YAPC::Europe (Yet Another Perl Conference, Europe) is the biggest annual Perl conference in Europe.
Since 2000, local Perl user groups organize this non-profit event in different European cities. This time, the Venue Committee of the YAPC Europe Foundation has selected Pisa, Italy, to host the conference.
The Conference provides an international forum for practitioners and researchers from industry, academia and government. It is mainly aimed at Perl users, professionals and hobbyists alike, but also at those who are just starting out in this language and want to learn its characteristics and culture.
YAPC conferences are usually attended by more than 300 developers from all over the world. Approximately 60 speakers offer a multitude of talks to various Perl-related themes in 4 parallel sessions over three days. During the whole conference there is a constant, intense and often informal exchange of ideas and experience between the attendees. Besides Perl, a lot of general software development topics like software engineering, agile methods, testing, project management, object-oriented programming, UI design and much more are discussed.
At YAPC::Europe 2010 we also plan to host hackathons, which are moderated workshops focused on a specific topic, where experienced users and newbies can get together and share ideas, improve parts of the featured project or step through some project internals.
YAPC::Europe 2010 will take place from 4 to 6 August 2010 at the My One Hotel Pisa Conference Centre.
What you can sponsor
YAPC::Europe is a conference run by volunteers, and we need to cover a lot of expenses, so any help by sponsors is greatly appreciated.
Depending on the area you cover, you get back the benefits of the tiers (see below) plus some goodies (for instance, if you pay for lunches, you can show your posters/rollups in the place where lunch will be served).
You can cover an entire area or part of it, depending on your budget.
Uncommitted donations would also be greatly appreciated, of course.
The donations of books, DVDs, etc is also an option. Unless otherwise specified, we reserve the right to use this material as we deem appropriate (in practice, the material donated by sponsor will usually be auctioned at the end of the conference).
SILVER (1000+ €) sponsors get:
- Logo, link, short description on the conference website
- Logo, site address, and description on documents which will be handed out to all attendees, posters, flyers, ...
- Placement of printed material (catalogues, etc) into the attendees bags
- One ticket for the conferences and for the attendees dinner
GOLD (2000+ €) sponsors get:
- Everything 1000+ Euro sponsors get
- One more ticket for the conferences and for the attendees dinner (for a total of 2 tickets)
- 5-minute presentation of your business during the conference
PLATINUM (4000+ €) sponsors get:
- Everything 2000+ Euro sponsors get
- Ability to run a booth in the exhibition zone
- Naming of one of the spaces (lecture rooms, breakout spaces etc.)
- Two more tickets for the conferences and for the attendees dinner (for a total of 4 tickets)
- 10-minute presentation of your business during the conference
Visibility of the name, logo, etc varies depending on the tier. Additional visibility is granted by covering one of the areas shown in what you can sponsor section.
If you can't/don't want to invest these amounts, we welcome any donation from € 300 upwards: you'll still get your name and (smaller) logo in a dedicated "supporters" section on the web site and on printed material.
These levels of sponsorship and benefits are useful guidelines: we would be delighted to talk about other forms of support, or discuss other ways to promote your company during the conference, so please don't let the above discourage you if you have other creative ideas!
All prices include Italian 20% Value Added Tax (VAT).
Becoming a sponsor
First of all, thank you for your will to sponsor the conference.
In order to become a sponsor, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include:
- A short description of your company (<= 1000 characters)
- A longer description of your company (between 1000 and 5000 characters)
- A high-definition or vector logo
- URL of your web site
- Explanation of what/how much you're willing to sponsor
- Billing data of your company (be sure to include VAT ID and/or fiscal code if you are in the EU)
After we receive the material, we will send you an invoice and the details for the payment.
If you are going to send us materials - whether as part of your sponsorship, or just gadgets/gear/etc - please make sure they are delivered at least 7-10 days before the beginning of the conference.