Wiki - FlorenceOnSaturday
We're planning to go to Florence on the Saturday (7th) after the conference.
The main attraction for many people will be the Uffizi gallery.
We'll organize tickets for that (to save queuing!) and book a place for lunch.
(Some suggestions! see Trenitalia website for full timetables)
- 8:01-9:23 - early bird
- 11:01-12:23 - taking it easy, and making it in time for lunch.
- 13:01-14:23 - hungover but want to make it to the Uffizi ;-)
(Suggestions, if you make it that early)
- Cenacolo di Sant'Apollonia: fantastic fresco of last supper by Andrea del Castagno (no entrance fee - open till 13:50)
- Museo di San Marco (old cloisters with artworks including frescoes by Fra Angelico) (entrance €4 - open till 18:50)
- Mercato Centrale (food and crafts shopping - food section closes around 13:00)
- Shopping in designer districts of Florence
- Duomo - the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore (no entrance fee, open till 17:00)
Uffizi (15:00-15:30). Need to book tickets (entrance 14€) here. The organizers booked 13 tickets for the 15:30 entrance, but they sold out; the tickets available on the website sold out aswell.
- Ice-cream - the real stuff!
- A walk along the Arno and across the Ponte Vecchio
Followed by drinks and snacks at MostoDolce (near the train station for those who are heading back to Pisa (last trains back at 23:07, 00:37, taking 1h22)
- Nigel Metheringham (nigelm) (replied via twitter)
- Peter Edwards (peterdragon)
- Lars Dɪᴇᴄᴋᴏᴡ (daxim) + 1 (train dep. at 9:01 sounds good)
- Olivier Mengué (dolmen)
- Vincent Pit (vincent)
- Dave Rolsky (autarch)
- Lars Thegler (tagg)
- user:dk prefers train at 11:00
- Jean Forget
version 22 saved on 05/08/10 10:50 by Bálint Szilakszi (szbalint)