28/06/10 18:55 by peppe
Welcome to the fifth YAPC::EU::2010 newsletter!
SummaryIn this issue:
- Accepted Talks
- Training Courses
- Friends & Family Program
- New Sponsors
We've published the list of the accepted talks! We congratulate all speakers on submitting so many high-quality proposals; we had a hard time choosing the best ones. You can find the complete list here: http://conferences.yapceurope.org/ye2010/talks
Due to last-minute issues, the list already changed a couple of times since it went online :-)
We'll publish the complete schedule as soon as possible; in the meanwhile, you can help us by adding yourself to all the talks you would like to attend. Just log in, go on each talk's page, and click on the small star at the bottom. This will greatly assist us in making a good schedule.
We're glad to announce a brand new training course: "Perl 6 for Programmers", by Gabor Szabo, on August 7th.
While Perl 6 might not be officially "released" yet, in this hands-on class you will learn enough of the new language to feel sorry every time you need to code in any other language.
You will go through the basics very quickly and then look at all kinds of constructs that make life much easier than in Perl 5.
Apply today, and improve your Perl knowledge at a reasonable price! Places are still available for all courses. http://conferences.yapceurope.org/ye2010/training_courses.html
These are the courses we're going to have:
- Understanding Regular Expressions, by Damian Conway
- Introducing Modern Perl, by Dave Cross
- Presentation Aikido, by Damian Conway
- Introduction to Moose, by Dave Rolsky
- Catalyst 5.80 Master Class, by Matt S. Trout (Shadowcat Systems Ltd.)
- WxPerl in Details, by Herbert Breunung
- Effective Perl Programming, by brian d foy
- Perl 6 for Programmers, by Gabor Szabo
Friends & Family
Subscriptions to the F&F program are still open!
Do you want to bring a friend or a relative with you and you think he/she might not like as many as three, I repeat, three Perlish days? The F&F program is exactly what you need! We're organizing the following activities:
- Pisa - August 4th (full day, 50 € / person)
- Siena and San Gimignano - August 5th (full day, 122 € / person)
- Visit to a pasta factory - August 6th (half day, 71 € / person)
Moreover, children under 16 years old get a special 10 € discount!
You can find all the details on the F&F page: http://conferences.yapceurope.org/ye2010/friends_family_program.html
- 37 days till YAPC::Europe 2010
- 217 registered people
- 107 committed users
- 57 speakers
- 65 accepted talks (39 hours and 20 minutes)
- 13 accepted lightning talks
After Booking.com, YAPC::Europe::2009, cPanel, Shadowcat Systems Ltd., 123people, YAPC::Europe Foundation, Smart Open Software, Github, Italpro, Geoesse, $foo Perl Magazin, Lokku, Apress and No Starch Press, please welcome our Brand New Silver Sponsor:
- pair Networks (http://promote.pair.com/direct.pl?YAPCEurope2010), a global Web hosting and domain name registration company, headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA, hosts over 190,000 Web sites for businesses, bloggers, artists, musicians, educational institutions, and non-profit organizations from around the world. pair Networks first went online in January 1996 and has experienced strong growth year after year. pair Networks is well-managed, consistently profitable, and one of the world leaders in its industry. A long-term approach to decision-making and a continual reinvestment of pair Networks' profits assures that pair Networks will be here for many years to come.
We also have two new Supporters:
- O'Reilly Media (http://oreilly.com/) spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazine, and conferences. Since 1978, O'Reilly has been a chronicler and catalyst of leading-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really master and spurring their adoption by amplifying "faint signals" from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.
- NET-A-PORTER.COM (http://www.net-a-porter.com/) is the World's premier online luxury fashion retailer. Our award-winning website, presented in the style of a fashion magazine, offers the international style-savvy customer exactly what she wants - unprecedented access to the hottest looks of the season from the world's cutting-edge labels via worldwide express delivery.